Salty snack foods are delicious, but for most health-conscious people chowing down on potato chips, or salted peanuts is out of the question. Salt is a satisfying flavor, yes, but what’s more satisfying is a crunchy texture. This healthy and flavorful snack includes natural sodium found in soy beans to appease that salt craving, loads of protein and healthy fats, and has a satisfying crunchy texture. It’s the ultimate satisfying snack food! I made this easy recipe on Friday afternoon and am still nibbling away happily.
1. Extra virgin olive oil
2. 1 tablespoon pure cane sugar or brown sugar
3. 1 tablespoon hot water
4. 2 teaspoons Bragg’s organic soy sauce
5. 1 tsp garlic powder
6. 2 cups raw organic cashews, unsalted
7. 1 tablespoon coarsely grated fresh ginger, squeezed dry
8. 2 teaspoons chili powder
9. 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
1. Preheat the oven to 325°. Lightly oil a large baking sheet with EVO. In a small bowl, dissolve the granulated sugar in the hot water. Stir in 2 teaspoons of the soy sauce.
2. Add ginger, garlic powder, chili powder, and lime zest and toss well (I shook mine in a tupperware container to really cover all of the nuts).
3. Spread the nuts on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 23-25 minutes, or until bubbling and golden. Let cool until warm but still pliable. Using a spatula, loosen the nuts from the baking sheet; let cool completely.