The snow is starting to to fall, and far too many people have decorated their houses for Christmas for it to go unnoticed anymore. It’s Wintertime. Besides curling up with my hunky boyfriend, and favorite blanket, there are a few things that I simply couldn’t live without during the colder months.
1. Greens+ During the Winter months it can sometimes get harder to get your daily intake of fresh leafy greens. Greens+ from Genuine Health offers a great substitute for the lack of foliage during the frigid Winter months.
2. Vitamin D3 is a must during the dark days of Winter. I use Now liquid vitamin D3 supplement because it’s easily absorbed, and you can just throw a few drops in your water. Vitamin D can seriously help if you suffer from SAD, and help the body absorb calcium. They’re a must in my books, either that or take a sunny vacation this Winter.
3. Herbal tea can be soothing, help support good digestion, and over all warms your soul! I love Tea Forte loose leaf tea, my favorite right now is African Solstice, it smells and tastes amazing.
4. Seabuckthorn Oil has been a savior for my skin so far this Winter! This little bottle is packed with vitamin E, beta carotene, and fatty acids, and antioxidants that help moisturize skin, help protect against breakouts, and keep your skin looking youthful. Seriously, this product has changed my skin! In Toronto, I found this product at Health Service Center Inc. on Bloor. It’s not cheap, but it’s worth every penny!
5. Oil of Oregano is a must for warding off the common Winter cold. Oil of oregano is known for destroying organisms that contribute to skin infections and digestive problems, strengthening the immune system, increase joint and muscle flexibility, improving respiratory health. You can find oil of oregano pretty well anywhere now, you’re local health food store is bound to have it if you ask. A couple drops under your tongue will do the trick, but be prepared to smell like an old Italian man for a while after, this stuff is potent!
What are some of your must haves to keep you healthy and happy over the Winter season?