This week I hit the ground running, literally. For whatever reason the weekend didn’t feel long enough, and Monday didn’t seem to have enough hours in the day. When things start to get busy it’s easy to let your health and fitness regime drop off. I’ve realized that for every excuse you have for not working out or eating healthily, there’s always a solution. Here are two things that helped me stay on track so far this week.
1. I dug up my old jump rope. Skipping is one of the most effective and intense cardio workouts around. It gets your heart rate up, your arms and legs burning, and fast! Try this easy and efficient routine, it had me sweating in know time.
2. Easy and delicious salad dressings always encourage me to eat salads. If I have it in the fridge I feel like there’s no excuse not to throw some greens into a bowl, maybe a few other veggies and toss with a satisfying sauce. This spicy horseradish dressing is so simple, and tasty.
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or white-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tbs olive oil
Step 1: Place all ingredients in food processor or mason jar. Blend vigorously. Voila, I told you it was simple!
Recipe via Martha Stewart.
What are your quick tips for keeping up with health and fitness? Running, healthy baking, tell me what you do when life gets busy in the comments below. Have a healthy happy week!