Whoa, this week got away from me! I’m sorry that this is my first post of the week, and it’s Friday! This calls for a hearty healthy cookie that is sure to satisfy after a long work week. So get those dry goods ready, it’s time for the most crunchy, fiber packed, satisfying cookie on the planet!
The Hearty Healthy Cookie
· 2 1/4C old fashioned rolled oats (I used gluten free)
· 2 C Bob’s Redmill gluten free flour
· 1 C sunflower seeds
· 3/4 C pumpkin seeds
· 1/2 C unsweetened shredded coconut
· 1/4 C chia seeds
· 1 tbsp cinnamon
· 2 tsp sea salt
· 1 ½ C dark chocolate chips
· 1 1/4 C dried naturally sweetened cranberries
· 1/4 C blackstrap molasses
· 3/4 C melted coconut oil
· 1 1/2C unsweetened almond or soy milk
Step 1:Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2: Mix your dry ingredients in one bowl, wet ingredients in another, add wet to dry and stir.
Step 3: Line 2 big baking sheets with parchment paper. I used a 1/3 measuring cup to scoop the dough and then flattened them out with my hand until they were about an inch thick.
Step 4:Place sheets in the oven and bake for 25-35 minutes or until brown (I baked them on the longer side because I like them crunchy).
Recipe adapted from Healthy Hipster