The other day when I was shopping at Fiesta Farms I noticed they had a ton of beautiful ripe organic avocados. It’s not everyday that you can get a bunch of ready-to-eat avos, so I thought to myself, “what can I make with all these bright green beauties?” I scrolled through my Rolodex of recipes in my head, and remembered an old recipe I used to make all the time, avocado chocolate pudding. This recipe is creamy, rich, and will satisfy even the most lush chocoholic.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp. pure almond extract (vanilla extract is delicious, too!)
- 2-3 Tbs water, for blending (adjust for desired texture)
- 1-2 Tbs maple syrup
- Scoop the flesh of the avocado into a mini-food processor, add all other ingredients.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, scraping the sides as needed.
- Adjust the sweetness to taste, then serve immediately!
- Leftovers can be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge, for at least a day or two.
Based on my past recipe found here.