Last Foodie Friday I discovered that I could make baked falafel balls in my new food processor. As promised I said I would show you the final product and here it is!
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour (I used hemp flour to make it gluten free)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- sea salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Drizzle olive oil evenly in shallow baking dish. Preheat oven to 350.
While oven is preheating, mash chickpeas in food processor. Add onions and garlic and blend.
Add remaining ingredients to make a thick paste-like consistency.
Shape into ping pong size balls and place in preheated baking dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes, turning halfway through cooking. Turn oven to broil for an extra 2-3 mins at the end to make falafel balls crispy.
|Served on a bed of spinach and rainbow tomatoes|
|The perfect dinner, protein, fiber, carbohydrates, and greens!|